Kavac is a picturesque Indian village at the foot of the Auyan Tepui, a 30min flight from Canaima.
Kavac is a picturesque Indian village at the foot of the Auyan Tepui, a 30min flight from Canaima. In Kavac you will begin your hike to the Kavac Canyon. To reach the waterfall in the cave, you will be swimming through the gorge, holding on to a rope. Upon your return to the village, a delicious lunch will be served. You will have some time to walk around the little village, buy some handcrafted souvenirs or just enjoy a relaxing moment before embarking on the plane to return to Canaima. Depending on the weather conditions you will have the unique opportunity to fly over the highest waterfall of the world. The Angel Falls are almost 1000 m high.
Itinerary subject to change without notice!
- Flight to Kavac
- Kavac Canyon excursion
- Local English speaking guide
- Personal expenses
- Solid walking shoes
- Hat or scarf
- Sun protection/sunblock lotion
- Insect repellent
- Light clothing
- Bath towel
- Camera (waterproof)
- There are ropes along the walls of the gorge, to assist visitors while they swim through it.
- Cameras and other important equipment will be safely transported into the cave.
- In case of bad weather, the flight over the Angel Falls can be canceled.
- Children must be at least 8 years old to participate in this excursion.